- 1/2 kilo rice stick noodles (bihon)
- 1 medium sized chicken breast, boiled & shredded
- 1/4 kilo pork pigue or kasim, diced
- 1 cup uncooked shrimps, shelled and de-veined (optional)
- 1 small cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 celery stalk, sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, minced
- 4 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Put the rice stick noodles in a clean basin and soak in water to soften.
2. In a wok or large frying pan, heat the oil and saute the garlic and onion until soft.
3. Add the pork and stir fry for about 3 minutes or until cooked.
4. Add the chicken, shrimps and vegetables and continue stir frying until the shrimps turn pink and the vegetables are half cooked.
5. Add 1 cup of the chicken broth and soy sauce and simmer for about 1 minute.
6. Remove half of the ingredients from the wok and set aside as topping for the noodles later.
7. Remove the noodles from the soaking water and add to the ingredients remaining in the wok.
8. Stir constantly until the noodles are cooked and dried.
9. If it becomes dry before the noodles are cooked, you can add the remaining broth as needed.
10. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
11. Arrange the cooked noodles in a big platter and put the topping.
12. Serve with slices of calamansi.